Area(s) of specialism / subspecialism:
- Emergency ophthalmology
- Cataract surgery
Year of first medical qualification:
Location of initial medical training:
Peninsula College of Medicine
Further key experience:
- Specialist training in oculoplastic
Date joined Moorfields:
Membership of professional /national/regional bodies:
- MCOptom, The College of Optometrists
- General Medical Council - Specialist Register
- FRCOphth, The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
- Member for the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Current NHS/university posts, whether full/part time, and starting year:
- Consultant Ophthalmologist at Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, 2019
- Philosophy of Health PhD candidate, University College London, London, UK
Other professional achievements:
- BSc, Ophthalmic Optic, Bradford University.
- BA, International Political Theory, Exeter University.
- MBBS, Peninsular Medical School.
- MSc, Public health for Eye Care, London School of Hygiene and tropical medicine.
- MPhil, Philosophy, Politics and Economics of Health, UCL.
- Duke Elder Undergraduate Prize Examination winner.
- Ethicist for Immediate Sequential Bilateral Cataract Surgery.
- Emergency Ophthalmology.
- Cataract surgery.
- Cataract systems improvement.
- Refraction and refractive surgery.
- International political theory and Health Justice