Core belief and purpose
Our 2022 - 2027 strategy brings together all aspects of our work across clinical care, research and education and applies to our NHS and private services, both in the UK and internationally.
Our core belief
People’s sight matters
Working together to discover, develop and deliver excellent eye care, sustainably and at scale
Looking ahead to the opportunities and challenges of a changing world, we need to build on our heritage of expertise in eye care, research and education and adapt for the future so that we continue to be relevant and add value for our patients.
Our excellence portfolio – how we will deliver our strategy
Over the next five years we will deliver our strategic vision through our excellence portfolio, made up of five programmes.
1. Working together programme – we will work together with key partners including UCL, Moorfields Eye Charity and the Friends of Moorfields to support our purpose, and to deliver Oriel, our new centre for advancing eye care, research and education
2. Discover programme – we will discover new treatments and clinical pathways for excellent eye care
3. Develop programme – we will develop our clinical pathways, our physical and digital network and our operational systems, to provide reliably excellent eye care
4. Deliver programme – we will deliver a workforce able to support future care models and a consistently excellent patient and staff experience, in accordance with our values
5. Sustainably and at scale programme – we will ensure that more people can access excellent eye care sustainably and at scale, reducing waste and inefficiency
Our values – excellence, equity and kindness
We have updated our values to emphasise how we aspire to treat our patients and each other.
Our Strategy 2022-2027
You can read our strategy in full, using the link below.
Vision of Excellence 2017
Our new strategy builds on the Vision of Excellence strategy launched in 2012. The documents below tell you more about our 2017 strategy.