Adult outpatient appointments
If your GP or optometrist decides that your eye condition needs to be investigated by more specialist staff, they will arrange for you to have an outpatient appointment with Moorfields or another eye care provider.
If you choose to be treated at Moorfields, we will send you a letter confirming the date, time and location of your appointment with us. Please read this letter carefully to make sure you have understood all the details. It is especially important to note the location of your appointment – Moorfields provides care in several locations in and around London and, wherever possible, we will try to ensure that you are treated close to where you live.
Safety measures in place at Moorfields
Moorfields is keeping its safety measures in place beyond July 19 2021. Patients & visitors will be expected to continue to follow our safety rules, including wearing a surgical face mask, unless medically exempt. Refusal to do so, or abuse of staff, may result in you being asked to leave our clinics. Further information can be found on our Coronavirus page, which can be accessed using the link below.
- Coronavirus - guidance for patients attending appointments at Moorfields
Cancelling or changing your appointment
You can cancel or change your appointment by emailing us or calling us as follows:
- If this is your first appointment at Moorfields, please email the booking centre at email@example.com - Please note, we are unable to answer queries for patients who attend our clinics at Croydon, Purley, Bedford, Northwick Park and Ealing through this email address. Please contact these sites directly using the contact details found online at www.moorfields.nhs.uk/appointment . You can also call us on 020 7566 2357 - Please note, our phone lines are extremely busy so please do email us if you can.
- If you are already a patient and want to change a follow up appointment, please contact the service where you are being treated - you will find contact details either on your appointment letter or in the 'our services' section of this website.
To help us deal with your request as quickly as possible, please provide the following information when making your cancellation or change request:
- Your full name
- Your NHS number or date of birth
- A contact telephone number or email address
- The date and time of your original appointment
If you cannot attend and do not notify us in advance, you might not be automatically issued with a new appointment and could have to return to your GP to make a new appointment with us.
Cancellations by us
We try to keep every appointment we make, but medical emergencies and unforeseen circumstances mean that we sometimes have to cancel appointments. If this happens, we will arrange a new appointment for you as quickly as possible. Please note that we are unable to reimburse you for any costs incurred as a result of a cancellation.
Text message reminders
Patients who have provided the booking centre with a mobile phone number will receive a text reminder of their appointment. Please help us by letting the booking centre or a member of clinic staff know if you change your mobile phone number.